Dr. Lisa Blevins is a licensed psychologist who has dedicated her career to helping others overcome life’s challenges, find their authentic selves and live their lives more passionately and successfully.
My psychotherapy skills and experience are best utilized in my therapeutic work for:
- Women and men struggling with identity, relationship, mid-life & empty nest issues
- College students adjusting to adult life, intimate relationships and increased independence & responsibility
- Individuals who are considered “highly sensitive” in nature
- Therapists and graduate students in the counseling field doing their own personal therapy
- Persons diagnosed with Major Depression, Anxiety Disorders, PTSD & Bipolar Disorder
Specialties: Humanistic and Client-Centered Psychotherapy; Mood, Personality, Psychotic and Adjustment Disorders; Therapy for Therapists-in-Training; Adults facing major life changes; Relationship issues; and Co-occurring Health Issues. Additional training includes Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR). Possess certifications in Neurolinguistic Programming, Hypnotherapy and Bioenergy Balancing.
As someone who avidly seeks new ways to improve the lives of her clients, her most recent accomplishment has been in her certification as a Bioenergy Balancing Practitioner. This practice is an alternative healing modality that emphasizes the use of eastern medicine practices to heal physical, emotional, mental and spiritual issues that are impacting her clients’ quality of life.
Dr. Blevins’ enthusiasm and honest desire to support her clients’ attainment of their highest level of wellbeing has led her to expand her services to include the practices of energy medicine to those who truly are committed to living a healthy and congruent long life and who are willing to explore the use of non-traditional methods of healing.